Corporate Training Video Production - e-Learning Design - Interactive Multimedia - IT Software Training
CONTRACTOR INDUCTION ON HEALTHCARE SITES
Contractors working on construction, maintenance or facilities management in a healthcare situation are faced with a specific range of hazards and requirements. A site safety induction video for a hospital, clinic or care home will be very different to that for a construction site.
Enlightenment Interactive has produced made-to-order contractor safety induction videos for NHS Trusts around the UK, filmed on hospital premises and often including a piece to camera by a manager from the Estates department to highlight key safety issues on that site.
Back to page
The video script will be written specifically for your trust, reflecting your safety priorities. The induction video can also be made modular, so that all locations of a multi-site trust can show a version of the induction video that is personalised to that site.
Issues that we expect to cover in addition to normal construction hazards and control of work include:
- Interaction with Patients and Visitors: confidentiality, respect, inappropriate relationships, noise
- Infection Control: coming to work infection-free, hand hygiene, dust suppression, any restricted areas in the hospital or care home due to an infection such as Norovirus
- Site Security: preventing public access to plant rooms, roofs, work sites, etc
- Fire Detection: sensitivity to fumes from hot work, dust, etc. Implications of causing a false alarm in a hospital or care home.
- Waste disposal: segregation, clinical waste, sharps
- Site Access: contractor parking, logging or signing in
We can include a scored quiz for each contractor to complete at the end of the site safety induction video, either on paper or on a PC. If on a PC, the safety induction can be automatically recorded on a , so that the Trust Estates Department knows when someone is due to be re-inducted.
Filming on Location
Our camera crews are accustomed to working in a clinical setting and will choose shots which do not identify hospital patients, care home residents or their visitors. We recommend that any Trust employees or contractors sign a release form, agreeing to be filmed. More about the safety .
Other Video and Multimedia Production
Enlightenment Interactive has produced a variety of custom-made training videos and interactive learning modules for healthcare applications, for example …
- Patient education on cancer therapy, hip replacement, CAPD
- IT software training multimedia on biopsy sample management
- e-Learning on the management of aggression by patients
Please for a proposal and quotation.